So what is Distant Reiki? Can it help you?
Are you intrigued? I was as well. So how did I come to practice it?
In 1988 I was working as a receptionist and herbal dispenser for Professor Jerry Zhang, a well known Traditional Chinese Medical Practitioner in Melbourne. On my way to work one day, I started reading The Art of Happiness by the Dali Lama and Howard Cutler. The concept of interconnectedness was mentioned. I remember thinking “mmmm…interconnectedness…interesting concept”. That’s all it was, a concept, until I learnt how to practice distant Reiki.
My own Distant Reiki Journey
Throughout my Reiki Level Two training, I was unsure if distant Reiki worked. It wasn’t until I completed Reiki Level Two that I knew it was effective. Although we were physically separated, I was able to support a family member from a distance. After the distant Reiki treatment, they reported a reduction in tooth pain and deeper relaxation.
Since 2002, I’ve been privileged to work with Reiki students and patients who have moved interstate or overseas, and patients who are unable to reach me due to mobility constrictions. Although I have taught over 300 students how to practice Reiki from a distance I haven’t talked about it widely in professional practice until now.
Why haven’t I spoken about Distant Reiki until now?
Since 2009, one of my professional intentions has been to present Reiki in an accessible way so many people can benefit from it. I thought that if I shared my experiences supporting clients and students with Distant Reiki it would make Reiki less, not more accessible.
My assumptions were wrong.
During 2020 I started offering Distant Reiki to my current clients who needed support but who were unable to reach me due to our global pandemic as well as others who had never tried Reiki but needed extra support.
It’s a perfect option if we’re unable to meet in person due to:
- physical distance
- physical, mental or emotional conditions have you housebound
- you want to keep your central nervous system regulated and don’t want to drive or catch public transport.
- you want to receive Reiki in the comfort of your home, hotel, or office.
” I slept all night for the first time in 7 years.
Can you please explain how this works?
My right arm is better too.”
– I.G., Northcote, 2019
“I am more relaxed and energerised after our session.
Although I am here and you are there I was very connected to you”.
– S.G, Switzerland, Reiki Level 1 & 2 student, 2014
“Thank you for helping me to manage my pre-exam anxiety.
My mind was clearer leading up to and during the exam”.
– S.M., Frankston, Reiki Level 1 & 2 student, 2015
F.A.Q’s about Distant Reiki:
Without me telling you what my condition is can I still feel better?
– Yes, you can choose to share as much or as little information as you like. Reiki makes you feel better on all levels, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
What do I need to be doing during the Distant Reiki treatment?
– Distant Reiki works best if you’re doing something relatively relaxing at home, or if you’ve set aside time to receive a distant Reiki treatment.
Can I keep my camera on?
-Yes. Your camera can remain on or off during your treatment.
I don’t like Zoom. How else can I receive a Distant Reiki treatment?
– Yes, via telephone works just as effectively. Please include your number in your intake form when you book your treatment here.
I feel so much better. Can you treat my family members with Distant Reiki as well?
– Yes, of course. Please make a time for them, separate from your treatment, here.
Can I receive Reiki and still take conventional medicine and seek other support?
– Yes, Reiki complements other support you’re receiving.