Yes you can. Reiki is easy to learn and even simpler to practice on yourself.
My motivation for learning Reiki in 2002 was to help other people. Before learning Reiki I didn’t know that I could practice on myself, but since I’ve learnt I’ve enjoyed a daily Reiki practice. If we were to meet in a social or professional setting and I shared this with you, you may respond by saying, “Really, I didn’t know that I can do Reiki on myself”.
It’s an understandable response. To think that you can give yourself Reiki to help maintain holistic balance could seem far-fetched. You, or a friend or family member, may have wanted relief from a physical, mental, emotional or spiritual imbalance so you seeked out a Reiki practitioner for support; unawares that you can also practice Reiki on yourself.
During Reiki courses you learn how self-Reiki practice has helped me, and continues to help me manage a range of conditions. I share these experiences in the hope that you too will enjoy the benefits that practicing Reiki can create in your life. Self-Reiki practice is the first thing I turn to when I experience an imbalance. I then seek further support when and if necessary.
Here are the top five things practicing Reiki has provided me with:
1. A daily connection to myself and something greater than myself that I am are a part of.
2. Relief from physical aches and pains.
3. Emotional and mental stability during life challenges.
4. Intuitive guidance when I need to make a decision.
5. The ability to fall asleep if I wake in the middle of the night.
As I do Reiki on myself if I don’t already know why I’m having a particular experience, I often gain insight as to why I am experiencing it and how to manage it. For example, if I have a headache and use Reiki to manage it, I gain insight as to why I have the headache and then make necessary lifestyle adjustments to relieve it. I may stretch, go for a walk, or rest more.
Far more exciting than my own experiences with Reiki, are the experiences of the those who have chosen to learn Reiki. Here are 10 wonderful statements of how practicing Reiki has helped to create greater physical, mental, emotional and spiritual balance in the lives of students during 2019.
1. “Morning practice sets me up to face the world with different eyes and makes me stop when I need to be more present. All of what I have learnt has been simple to integrate into my life, I feel that it’s been missing from my life this whole time”. K.F.
2. “Following on from Reiki Level One I have established a daily meditation practice, where I actually look forward to being in that meditative state. This is quite a change for me, considering I used to feel like meditating was a chore. I feel a lot calmer during the day because of it.” E.K.
3. “One of the many precious gifts I received as a result of learning Reiki was writing a gratitude list often. Not every day, but I enjoy finding gratitude in the simple things in life. It basically makes me feel happier.” E.K.
4. “Since learning I don’t often practice on others. I use Reiki on myself if I’m having a headache or any other aches. It’s really miraculous the way my pain disappears almost immediately. I enjoy practicing self-Reiki. It’s a wonderful way to connect to myself.” K.P.
5. “Before learning Reiki I was a nervous front seat passenger. I now do Reiki on myself when my husband drives and he has commented on how much calmer I am.” S.W.
6. “My Reiki self-practice has helped me sleep soundly after the most hectic 11 hour days full of meetings and challenging conversations”. S.S.
7. “The chronic back pain I have experienced since the birth of my child has completed disappeared”. S. H.
8. “I’ve gained clarity and made a major life decision regarding my vocation. I was unsure if I wanted to keep going with my job but Reiki practice has helped me to let go of it with greater ease”. K.E.
9. “My ongoing knee pain has completely eased after learning Reiki. Going up and down stairs no longer causes me pain”. J.P.
10. ” Amazing opportunities have been coming my way recently, and I have to say that Reiki has had a big influence on that”. B.P.
So will self-Reiki practice do this for you as well? It depends. Reiki gives you what you need when you need it. It meets your needs which differ from the needs of your family members, past Reiki students, and peers. Reiki practice meets your immediate needs, (you may notice that you are dehydrated and need to drink more water) as well as your deeper needs (you may gain insight into how to solve a current relationship dispute).
But how does practicing Reiki on yourself help you achieve greater health and wellbeing?
- when you practice Reiki on yourself you are deeply connected to yourself and something greater than yourself that you are a part of
- Reiki quietens your mind and your body so your inner knowing or wisdom can be accessed
- Reiki rebalances you physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, so you experience greater mental clarity, peace, gratitude and physical wellbeing. Not perfect physical, mental or emotional wellbeing but optimum health and wellbeing.
*Please note: Practicing Reiki on yourself can be used in conjunction with other treatment you are receiving.